Skip to content
- Not to give you ready answers but to guide you to develop novel answers
- Not to help you attain a higher degree but to coach you to become a good researcher
- Not to make you a clone of myself but to support you to find your own way and style
What I will provide
- Expertise in digital innovation and qualitative research
- Research area:
Digital innovation, design thinking, systems thinking, entrepreneurial strategy
- Research approach:
Grounded theory method, event structure modelling, process research, topic modelling
- Theoretical foundation:
The thesis of line, assemblage theory, affordance theory, general theory of institutional facts, sensemaking, hermeneutics, process philosophy, and embodied cognition
- Top-tier research and teaching network
What you need before contacting me
- A practical phenomenon that you are passionate about
- Confirmed access to relevant data sources
- A research proposal that can demonstrate your passion, original insights into the phenomenon, understanding of what research is, planned research projects, and expected research outcomes
- A creative review of seven must-reads (≥ 1000 words):
- Yoo, Y., Henfridsson, O. and Lyytinen, K., 2010. The new organizing logic of digital innovation: An agenda for information systems research. Information Systems Research, 21(4), pp.724-735.
- Yoo, Y., 2010. Computing in everyday life: A call for research on experiential computing. MIS Quarterly, 34(2), pp.213-231.
- Yoo, Y., Boland Jr, R.J., Lyytinen, K. and Majchrzak, A., 2012. Organizing for innovation in the digitized world. Organization Science, 23(5), pp.1398-1408.
- Henfridsson, O., Mathiassen, L. and Svahn, F., 2014. Managing technological change in the digital age: The role of architectural frames. Journal of Information Technology, 29(1), pp.27-43.
- Verganti, R., 2017. Overcrowded: Designing meaningful products in a world awash with ideas. The MIT Press.
- Henfridsson, O., Nandhakumar, J., Scarbrough, H. and Panourgias, N., 2018. Recombination in the open-ended value landscape of digital innovation. Information and Organization, 28(2), pp.89-100.
- Mousavi Baygi, R., Introna, L.D. and Hultin, L., 2021. Everything Flows: Studying Continuous Socio-Technological Transformation in a Fluid and Dynamic Digital World. MIS Quarterly, 45(1), pp. 423-452.
- Meet the admission requirements of the school